« All Events
Tennis 4 Cancer
November 11, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Only beginner to intermediate (3.0 to 4.5)
- This is an open tournament. No seeding. No categorization between beginner, intermediate and advanced players
- Tennis Match Format: (2 Sets)
- (Each Set will be best of 7 games) – Example: Any individual/team reaching 4 games will be declared the winner of a set. (The set will end if the scores reach any of the combinations 4-0,4-1,4-2,4-3)
- If each participant/team wins 1 set each, there will not be a 3rd set. The tie-breaker will be played to decide the winner.
- Tie-breaker Rules – Team/Individual who reaches 7 points with a difference of 2 points or till there is a difference of 2 points wins the game.
- If team A serves first in the first set, then team B will serve first in the second set.
- Event is on Sat, November 11th, reserve day Sat, November 18th due to rain or unforeseen circumstances.
- If it partially rains out, the tournament will continue on November 18th.
- Registration closes on previous Sunday (11/5) at 11:45 PM.
- Every player has to arrive 30 minutes prior to their scheduled timings which will be sent out 2-3 days prior to Nov 11th.
- Check-in at the desk prior to the event
- If the player is not there at the specified time & the opponent is on the court, the
opponent is declared winner.
- The game is an honor system. In case of disputes, the program director will make the final
- A player can play either singles or doubles but not both.
- If both days are rained out, ALA can either refund or provide a receipt for charity.
- Prize distribution will be done right after the final game.
- Light lunch, water, Gatorade will be provided.
- Organizers from ALA will do lottery to arrange games. Emails will be sent out to the participants
- 2 days prior to the event with the detail timings.
- Organizers can cancel the event or any of the format (singles or doubles). Refunds or Receipts can be issued for the same.
- Program Director’s decision will be final .